March 13, 2019

Thank you to my early career mentors

This week I had the opportunity to say thank you to two of my early career mentors: Joan Rosenthal and Mark Onslow. Joan and Mark were my lecturers for my undergraduate degree at Cumberland College of Health Sciences (later The University of Sydney). Joan taught me phonetics and clinical education. She was my masters' thesis supervisor where she taught me how to think, write, use APA formatting and play Scrabble. Mark taught me stuttering, clinical processes, and later when I worked at The University of Sydney I worked with him to establish the honours program in speech pathology.  They continue to inspire me.
Joan Rosenthal and Sharynne
Prof Mark Onslow and Sharynne at the Australian Stuttering Research Centre, University of Technology Sydney