December 13, 2019

World Health Organization International Classification of Health Interventions (ICHI) beta tester

I have volunteered to be a World Health Organization International Classification of Health Interventions (ICHI) beta tester and today we had our online briefing/training session from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare.

Recently I finished a 2-stage review as a member of a Delphi panel for the World Health Organization Rehabilitation Competency Framework where there were many opportunities to provide a non-medical perspective about communication.

Many years ago, I provided feedback on the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health: Children and Youth Version (ICF-CY) and my contribution is acknowledged in the opening pages. 

I believe it is important to provide insight from the perspective of a speech-language pathologist into  WHO's development of classification systems.