October 25, 2022

IJSLP special issue - Communication, swallowing and the Sustainable Development Goals

I am guest editing a special issue of the International Journal of Speech-Language Pathology with Prof Julie Marshall. The issue is titled "Communication, swallowing and the Sustainable Development Goals". 

I am very pleased to have accepted an invited commentary by Prof Graeme Clark and his team -- inventors of the cochlear implant. Their manuscript is titled "Restoration of the senses and human communication: Sustainable Development Goals 3 and 9". I recently met with co-author, Prof David Nisbet, to finalise the manuscript and to let him know of the esteem in which I hold their team for the significant contribution they have made to so many people's lives.

Prof David Nisbet and Sharynne

Tonight I finally managed to get zeros in my workflow so the special issue is now in the latter stages:

I have seven page proofs to upload - and more to come. It is going to be a fantastic special issue!