May 18, 2023

"Auteur" - My role as editor of The Oxford Handbook of Speech Development in Langauges of the World?

I have just had someone send me this screen shot of the word "auteur" to describe the work I am doing as editor of The Oxford Handbook of Speech Development in Langauges of the World.

Autuer: "A film director who influences their films so much that they rank as their author"

 After a series of meetings across many timezones, today I  sent a comprehensive email to 206 chapter authors discussing the following topics.

  1. Meetings
  2. Table of contents
  3. Contracts
  4. Maps
  5. Audio files
  6. PowerPoint summary
  7. Conferences
  8. Websites

The authors are AMAZING and are so committed to making a fantastic series of resources to support children's speech development in languages across the world.

Thanks to Dr Helen Blake and Dr Carolyn Gregoric and Dr Mark Filmer who are helping with tasks to get the manuscript and resources ready.