February 29, 2024

Appointment to Charles Sturt University Distinguished Professor

I just received the following news:

"On behalf of the Vice-Chancellor, it is my pleasure to advise that your nomination for Charles Sturt University Distinguished Professor has been approved. The appointment as a Charles Sturt University Distinguished Professor is a highly prestigious appointment and I congratulate you on being recognised for your outstanding contributions."

Nominations for Charles Sturt University Distinguished Professor are considered with reference to the following criteria:

  • An international reputation for exceptional research and scholarship
  • Professional peer recognition of significant achievements at a state, national and international level
  • Research/research team leadership
  • Outstanding community engagement

I am grateful for the support and encouragement of CSU during my 25+ years of employment and am so pleased that I have been able to work with many great students and colleagues to make a difference in children’s lives throughout the world.

ECIR colleagues surprising me with flowers to celebrate the announcement