Alana Officer, the executive editor of the World Report on Disability summarized the 9 major "cross cutting recommendations" of the report as:
- "Enable access to all mainstream policies, systems and services
- Invest in specific programmes and services for persons with disabilities
- Adopt a national disability strategy and plan of action
- Involve people with disabilities
- Improve human resource capacity
- Provide adequate funding and improve affordability
- Increase public awareness and understanding of disability
- Improve disability data collection
- Strengthen and support research on disability"
- McLeod, S., Harrison, L. J., McCormack, J. & McAllister, L. (2011, December). Prevalence, risk, impact, and unmet need of children with speech and language impairment in Australia.
Video presentations from the symposium are here
Powerpoint presentations from the symposium are here
|Prof Sally Hartley, Sharynne, Prof Lindy McAllister|