Brian Goldstein and I were invited to Co-chair the Cultural and Linguistic Considerations Across the Discipline committee and it is great to see the outcome of the past year of work to review/prepare/allocate 44 hours of presentations on this topic.
|SLP Conference chair Lynn Williams announcing the topic co-chairs at the opening session|
- Hopf, S. C. & McLeod, S. Cross-cultural competencies for working with children with speech and language disorders from Fiji. Invited presentation.
- McLeod, S. & Crowe, K.When are speech sounds learned? A cross-linguistic systematic review. Technical paper.
- McLeod, S. (chair) (2014, November). Beyond Spanish II: Competencies for SLPs working with children from diverse cultures. 1 hour seminar.
- McLeod, S., Harrison, L. J., Whiteford, C., & Walker, S. (2014, November). The impact of being multilingual when 4-5 years on academic and social-emotional outcomes at 8-9 years. Technical paper
- Washington, K. N., McLeod, S., McFarland, A., Weisbarth, J. (2014). Jamaican Creole-speaking children’s expressive language, emergent literacy & communicative-participation: SLP, parent, and teacher evaluations. Technical paper.
- Weisbath, J., Washington, K. N., McLeod, S., Samms-Vaughan, M., & Devonish, H. (2014, November). Print concept development in English: Comparing Jamaican preschoolers to US ELL and monolingual English-speaking preschoolers. Poster.
|Presenters in the Beyond Spanish session: Giang Pham (Vietnamese), Christina Gildersleeve-Neumann (Russian), Seyhun Topbas (Turkish), Sharynne McLeod (Fijian - with Suzanne Hopf)|