August 12, 2021

Multilingualism is a superpower

Recently I received this email from Felicity Conlan, a speech pathologist from Penleigh and Essendon Granmar School in Melbourne (@speechforthestars). She gave me permission to share it on my blog.

I just had a listen to the 'up and coming speechies' podcast and wow, you are an amazing woman! I particularly LOVED hearing about everything you do for the multilingual community. I come from a monolingual family...but I have a degree in French and Indonesian...my dream was to become an interpreter, but I was intimidated by the profession and thought I could never sound like a native! So then, I decided to study speech pathology. Foreign languages and speech are DEFINITELY linked, and what important knowledge to have as a speechie. I REALLY loved how you called being multilingual as having a 'superpower', such a cool way of putting it...and will definitely be using that term with my ESL students 🙂 Kind Regards, Felicity Conlan


Mutilingualism is a superpower videos from CSU: https://speakingmylanguages.blogspot.com/2021/08/multilingual-childrens-speech-social.html