February 3, 2022

New books for 2022

Today I recieved my copy of the ninth edition of Speech Sound Disorders in Children: Articulation and Phonological Disorders edited by John Bernthal, Nicolas Bankson and Peter Flipen Jnr. I wrote chapter 3 titled "Speech sound acquisition" (pp. 57-108). It was bittersweet, because while I wrote chapter 3, I was in regular contact with John Bernthal, and since that time John has passed away. It is nice to hold his legacy in my hand. It is rare for a book in our profession to make it to the ninth edition.

Today I also received an email from Dee Fish and Amy Meredith who wrote:

Dee and I just submitted our draft to Plural for the 3rd edition of "Here's How to Treat Childhood Apraxia of Speech." ... Throughout this process, we have read your research and reached out to many of you for additional information. This has been a humbling and rewarding process. ... You have all done amazing work for the benefit of these children we all care so deeply about.