July 8, 2023

President of the International Clinical Phonetics and Linguistics Association (ICPLA)

 I am very honoured to report that while in Salzburg, I was nominated and elected as President of the International Clinical Phonetics and Linguistics Association (ICPLA) for the next 4 years. Vice President is A/Prof Joanne Cleland from University of Strathclyde, Scotland, UK and Secretary is Dr Alice Lee from University College Cork in the Republic of Ireland. The editors of Clinical Linguistics and Phonetics (CLP) are Dr Tim Bressman (Canada) and Prof Vesna Stojanovik (UK).

I have had a long-standing relationship with ICPLA. I served as Australiasian representative from 2000-2006, then Vice President from 2006-2018. I have also served on the editorial board of CLP since 2006. I look forward to supporting knowledge exchange between the very diverse international membership of ICPLA.

The conference venue overlooked Fortress Hohensalzburg (Salzburg Castle)

ICPLA executive: Dr Alice Lee, A/Prof Joanne Cleland,
Prof Sharynne McLeod, Prof Vesna Stojanovik